Friday, May 7, 2010

Walking and a good old black bean burger.

At my work they have so many wonderful programs that you can do to get in shape, or just become more active. One of these programs is with Virgin health miles. With Virgin health miles you get a pedometer (that counts your steps), and you can up load these to your own personal website and monitor your activity, and if you get a certain number of health miles you can actually get money (I know right, good stuff). Well I have had my pedometer for a month now and have racked up a total of 1960 health miles, but in order to get money I need to have a total of 7000 health miles so away I go.





Well right now I am involved in a challenge with virgin health miles, that was set up by my weight watchers coach, who also works with me, so she has a pedometer as well. The challenge is to walk as much as you can. There are 6 teams, and it just so happens that I am on Juan Te's team. Juan Te is a walk master, she could walk circles around anyone. I feel very honored to be on her team so, being the competitive person that I am, I decided that I want to beat these other teams even more than we already would. I know when did I become this person? Isn't this a nice friendly competition between co-workers? The answer to this is yes it is. That's why there should be no hard feelings when we beat the other teams.





So what I decided I would do, since I work at a job where I sit down a lot, I would walk in place for 30 minutes 3 times a night. That seems to be working well for me. I am so excited to be contributing to Juan Te's and my teem. Go team Go.








On a side note, I love black bean burgers. They are made by morning star farms, and they are so good, not to mention they are only 2 points.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm....I've never had a black bean burger, but I like black beans, so I'd probably like the burger, right? I'll have to try it!

    Sir Charles, you're inspiring me! I look forward to meeting "your people" on Monday night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lucyl, I'm so excited for you to come on monday it will be fun for you, I hope. I really enjoy the class.

    Yes I am sure you will like black mean burgers, as they are amazing.

    I am happy that you are inspired by my journey. Everyday I wake up feeling inspired to keep going because I know that I can do it, and I know that you can do it too.

    Don't forget that we walk on Mondays at 5 at the target. :)

    ReplyDelete