Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Eating...

As some of you may have guessed by now I love to eat. It is one of my favorite pass times. Which I guess is ok if I am eating the right things and following my points.

What are points? you ask: well points are what are given to food. Every weight watcher member is given a certain amount of points that they need to eat every day. The way they are given these points is by taking a test. The lowest number of points one can get is 18 and the highest one can get is 44. Well I get to have 44 points. Which is a lot of food.

Well everyday I fill out what is called a tracker. A tracker is a little journal, if you will, that you write the foods you eat in and subtract the points of the food from the 44 (or whatever number) that you get in the beginning of the day. Well in order to follow the plan there are healthy guidelines to be followed, and lets face it when they say "healthy guidelines" you get the impression that you don't have to do those things. Well I am here to say that that is not true, you will have a lot more success following those guidelines than just eating what ever you want.

So what do I eat? Well this is a typical day for me

44
2 egg whites 2 42
slice of cheese 2 40
olive oil 4 36
onion 0 36
grapes 1 35
orange pepper 0 35
corn 1 34
tomato 0 34
sandwich thin 1 33
chicken salad 2 31
chicken 1 30
cheese 1 29
brown rice 3 26
1/2 c. chicken 3 23
veggies medley 1 22
sweat sour sauce 2 20
watermelon 1 19
broccoli 0 19
1/2 c. cottage ch. 2 17
tortilla 4 13
motz. cheese 2 11
pizza sauce 1 10
pepperonis 2 8
w.w. mini burger 4 4
bagel thin 1 3
cream cheese 1 2
apple 2 0

Wow that is a lot of food now that I look at it. but of course it is dispersed throughout the day. everyday I have at least 2 lean proteins, 3 dairies, 2 oils, 5 fruits and veggies and a lot of water. I don't even drink soda anymore, not that I cant it's just that I don't want to waste my points on a mt. dew. This is a much healthier way of eating, and of course one has to eat to lose weight, but they just have to eat the right things.

Getting all of this ready takes quite a bit of planning, but of course as you know planning ahead is what makes me successful. I could not imagine how crazy my life would be if I hadn't planned ahead for the day. By the end of the day I would not be liked very much at all, and not to mention it would make it a lot harder to follow weight watchers for me.

Also I have an amazing wife (if you don't have one; I highly recommend it, just not mine she is... well mine). She takes a lot of time out of her life to help me, and her, plan ahead by putting pre packaged fruits and veggies in the fridge. I know right; this woman is a saint. When I am asked if I find it hard to plan ahead, I would have to say no, it is the best thing I can do for my self to keep a healthy lifestyle. I hope this has given you a look into what I eat. Of course it varies day to day but over all you know I am always going to get my; veggies, fruits, milk, oil, and proteins. Until next time, Charles.

No comments:

Post a Comment