Friday, September 3, 2010

Set backs.

I hurt my big toe!!!

I don't even know how it happened, I woke up one day and it was just hurting. Mostly it hurt when I walked on it, and since I recently joined a gym it has been hurting a lot.



I decided that the pain was no big deal, and I could work through it. I just kept trucking along and ignoring the pain in my foot. Not something I would encourage anyone else to do.

Anyway when I was walking with my leader Juan Te she told me, "You should call a Dr., you don't want to make the foot worse by walking on it".



So I immediately made an appointment with my primary care Dr., who told me there is a possibility it could be fractured. GREAT! I thought just what I need. She referred me to a podiatrist who told me that my foot is not fractured, but that I just have inflammation in the joint, and he gave me a shot, in the Joint. Ouch is right. I was off the foot for a couple of days.



I know that I have only been exercising for a little while now, but I felt so lazy. I just couldn't believe that my toe hurt so so bad to walk on it.



It still hurts now, and I will be going to see another Dr. about it, so I am just taking it easy. I still work out just not as hard core as I was with the walking.



I guess all I can say is these things happen, and I can't wait to be back to full work out mode. Then I can tare it up.

4 comments:

  1. I came across your post on Sean's and thought I would check it out. I am also on Weight Watchers and have been for 9 weeks. I have lost 18 lbs in those 9 weeks and I am so thrilled. You have done so great.. Keep up the good work and have a nice weekend. You just picked up another follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, thank you so much for stopping over. I am honored to have more followers. I hope you enjoy the blog. Congrats on the 18 lb loss, that is fantastic. I hope we can encourage each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your foot. Hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys and your toes! John broke one of his while we were moving, and in typical male fashion, just kept on going, regardless of the pain. Weeks later, he finally had a doctor look at it, but by then, the damage was done. It still doesn't look right in size and shape! I think it has permanent damage. I'm glad you took Juan Te's advice and had yours looked at sooner than later! Hope it is back to normal soon! :)

    ReplyDelete